2013 Villa I Cipressi Zebras Rosso di Montalcino, Tuscana, Italy

2013 Villa I Cipressi Zebras Rosso di Montalcino, Tuscana, Italy

$26.95 $22.95

Description

Rest assured, 2013 was a great vintage for Montalcino, and while the Rosso can always be released earlier than the Brunello for its imminent drinkability, this vintage of Villa I Cipressi has benefited with a little more aging.  Now fully developed, it is more than just hanging in there.  Lovely secondary aromas of dried fruits, flowers and suede.  With a little patience and time in decanter, the wine takes on more heft, reveals a lurking, savory-earthy, dark cherry fruit, and fills out into the nicely textured “baby” Brunello we had hoped.  Also, know that the wines from Villa I Cipressi Zebras are always highly regarded, while their Brunello is a top collectible!  We sold the highly rated 2010 Brunello di Montalcino for $74.95 back in 2015.

Rosso di Montalcino is a younger wine that combines special characteristics of vivacity and freshness with a good structure. At Villa I Cipressi, the Rosso production averages about 5000 bottles a year.  The result is an elegant and harmonious wine, bright and clear with a ruby ​​red color. The aroma has an elegant intensity and a fragrance of easily recognized berries and a touch of cherry.

The 100% Sangiovese is hand picked and sourced from several tightly spaced, proprietary sites on the south and west sides of the estate.  The soils are mostly calcareous, but these is also a small presence of clay.  The grapes are maceration and fermentation for 20/25 days in steel vats at controlled temperature (26/28 ° C).  Then matured for 6-8 months in 60% French oak barrels (225 lt), and the remaining 40% in larger oak casks (10/30 hl) followed by an aging in bottle of at least 12 months.

 

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “2013 Villa I Cipressi Zebras Rosso di Montalcino, Tuscana, Italy”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *