2016 Livon Solarco Bianco (Friuliano & Ribolla Giallo), Collio, Friuli, Italy

2016 Livon Solarco Bianco (Friuliano & Ribolla Giallo), Collio, Friuli, Italy

$26.95

Out of stock

Description

The vineyards are located at Ruttars in the municipality of Dolegna del Collio.  The tightly spaced Friulano and Ribolla Gialla are planted on the flycha (marl, clay/sandstone).  The grapes are harvested by hand using boxes, steeped in a cold horizontal press for eight hours, and then the must is cleaned through settling.

20% of the fermentation takes place in Allier barriques, while the remaining 80% is in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 10-12°C. When the fermentation is over, the product remains on its lees in the same vessels to mature for about six months at a constant temperature.  At the end of this period, the wine is assembled and bottled.

The wine has a golden yellow color; it has a bouquet which recalls the crust of fresh bread and vanilla. On the palate it is very fine, it recalls apples, acacia and tropical fruit.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “2016 Livon Solarco Bianco (Friuliano & Ribolla Giallo), Collio, Friuli, Italy”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *