Bodegas Tempore is situated in Aragón (about half way between Rioja and Barcelona in northeastern Spain) just outside Zaragosa in the town of Lécera, with vineyards sitting at nearly 600 meters’ elevation in lime-rich, sandy clay soils. Here is a terroir that showcases the elegant side of Tempranillo with fresh and pure fruit, never bogged down or fatigued by heavy alcohol. 100% Tempranillo organically farmed in sand and limestone soils. Stainless steel fermentation, and then aged in 500-liter new French oak, but only briefly for two months. 13.5% alcohol.
Violets, spice box/cedar, high tone blackberry fruit. Layered and smoothly textured. Soft integrated tannin. Outstanding value.
- Gold Medal at Berliner Wein Trophy 2018 (Germany)
- Silver Medal at International Wine Challenge 2018 (UK)
- Gold Medal at Challenge Millésime BIO 2016 (France)
- Gold Medal at Nuevo Vino International Contest 2016 (Spain)
- Silver Medal at New York International Wine Contest 2016 (USA)
- Silver Medal at International Organic Wine Contest “Bioweinpreiss” 2016 (Germany)