Originally working alongside his sister, Yves Leccia decided to branch off on his own in 2004 and focus on the single terroir he felt was the top in Patrimonio. This terroir, “E Croce,” sits on a thin chalk soil above a thick bedrock of pure schist, facing the gulf of St. Florent.
Yves’ last name Leccia, is Corsican for oak. The name is ironic, as Yves’ wines have never touched a single oak barrel. You won’t find even a single barrel in his cellar. Since 2013, domaine is in a certified organic conversion with Ecocert. Full certification in 2016.
• All grapes are harvested by hand and sorted
• After grapes are pressed, the must is cold soaked for 24 hours before fermentation begins
• Fermentation occurs in stainless steel cuves and lasts 15 to 20 days depending on the vintage
• White wines do not undergo malolactic fermentation
• Wines are aged in temperature controlled stainless steel cuves for 6 month
A blend of 60% Vermentinu, 40% Biancu Gentile (Corsican spellings of grape varietals)