2018 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc, Russian River Valley, Sonoma

2018 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc, Russian River Valley, Sonoma

$44.95

Description

Can’t believe it, but we haven’t been out to dinner since the first week of March.  In the “good old days” we would bring a bottle of red to pay corkage, but always try to purchase a white or sparkling from the wine list too.  IF we found a Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc on the list, which was an unusual occurrence, we would typically opt for it.  Not only because it is easily one of the finest Sauvignon Blanc produced in California (I remember the thrill of drinking the ’07 vintage which received an unheard of 96 point rating from Wine Spectator), but more importantly Merry Edwards did not sell to retail merchants.  With the pandemic and really the demise of modern restaurant dining as we once knew it, all has now changed!!  So here we are…..Merry Edwards for your table is now available!!

This Sauvignon Blanc includes 60% Estate fruit while the other 40% is coming from the winery’s more recently planted Meredith & Maefield vineyards.  The extremely aromatic and floral Sauvignon Musqué clone makes up 42% of the blend; the balance is the Shenandoah clone.  Note!  This Sauvignon Blanc is fully barrel fermented in Tonnellerie Cadus French oak barrels (18% new).  Lees stirring to enhance this rich full-bodied white was done twice weekly for six months.

Wine Spectator weighed in at the end of May with a 93 point rating – A pretty thread of orange water adds an aromatic lift to the core of nectarine, apricot and lemon zest flavors, set on a succulent, fleshy frame. Dried ginger, honeysuckle and melon notes linger on the long, expressive finish. Drink now.”

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “2018 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc, Russian River Valley, Sonoma”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *