Michael Cruse is now considered by many to be the best natural producer of “small batch” methode Champenoise in California. Made in the same traditional vein as his more expensive Ultramarine, but from a variety of non-coastal vineyards spanning from Mendocino to Calavera, this is a true expression of California terroir in sparkling wine produced by the deft hands of Michael Cruse. Zero dosage!
“Golden, honeyed nose of toasted hazelnuts, pastry cream, and fresh pears. Gentle, soft mousse with a palate of white flowers, beeswax, and citrus. Long, pastry finish.” – MC
- 54% Pinot Noir| 46% Chardonnay; predominantly 2017 vintage with small reserve of 2016 (6%)
- Fruit sourced from Alder Springs, Rorick, Keefer Ranch and Charles Heintz
- Sustainable and organically farmed
- Native primary and malolactic fermentation in barrel, wooden tanks and a small amount of stainless steel
- 2 years en tirage| Zero Dosage| No added sulfur
- 721 cases produced| 12.5% ABV